Sunday, October 19, 2008
First a few disclaimers and weasel-words before I thrill some of you, and disappoint some of you with some P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S.
1. Neither John McCain nor Barack Obama is the Messiah. I know that.
2. Politics never saved anyone's soul, never gave anyone peace that passes understanding, and never changed the hearts of people at the deepest level.
3. I have, at times, been accused of being a one-issue voter, because I believe that abortion is a modern-day Holocaust of horrible proportions, and I could never vote for someone who supports the right to kill...no, make that murder...the unborn.
4. It's not true at all that I'm a one-issue voter, although "one issue" is more than a LOT of voters in America have. They couldn't even NAME a single issue, but they "like" a certain candidate -- usually the tallest, best looking, most articulate, most charismatic, and so forth (so maybe those ARE their "issues").
Friends, if the shoe doesn't fit, please don't wear it, but the MAJORITY of people I talk to about the upcoming Presidential election are 1) uninformed to the extreme, and 2) don't really CARE that they're uniformed. I can't quite bring myself to think "dumb sheep to the slaughter", but well, I guess I just did.
5. There is not a racist bone in my body. I personally would LOVE to have an African American become President of the United States, IF they were...
--strict constructionist on the Constitution,
--and had the decency to oppose the abortion Holocaust that has taken the lives of over 40 million(!) unborn babies in America.
Barack Obama is just the opposite of those ideals. Even so, I have not the least hatred in my heart towards him. I love him as a person, and sincerely wish the best for him and his family. Apart from politics, of course :)
5. Having said all that, and having mixed feelings about bringing P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S into a Christian Grace blog, I want to link to a little blog called "Dangerous Obama".
Why? Because I think Obama is dangerous on several levels. Yes, dangerous to unborn children, but more than that (see...I'm not a one-issue voter).
6. Since I first became "political" in 1964 at the tender age of 14, I have heard serious people and spin doctors say every four years, "This is the most important election in our lifetime." Yada-yada-yada. I MIGHT have said it myself, but I don't think so. It's a strong statement to make.
But now I make that statement:
I believe this is the most important election in our lifetime.
Barack Obama is not just a Liberal. He's not just a Democrat. He is documentably a Left-Wing radical of the most extreme kind that our country has ever come close to electing (there are always some like that running, but they are up-front and honest about their views, and so they get .0001 % of the vote).
Please take a look at "Dangerous Obama":