It's true we are saved by grace. Salvation is a free gift from God through Jesus Christ. But grace doesn't stop there. We can walk in grace after salvation . . . because as believers we are:
1. forgiven of all our sins . . . past, present and future, and
2. completely accepted by God, in Christ Jesus, through the New Covenant.
Nothing we do can make God love us more.
Nothing we do can make God love us less.
There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.
"It is finished."
May God use "Grace For Life" to bless you . . . .
As you grow in the knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
As you grow in the knowledge of what He has done for you.
As you grow in the knowledge of what He has done in you.
As you grow in the knowledge of who you are in Christ.
As you grow away from "performance-based" religion, and toward Him who is your Life.
To lead Christians out of legalism and into grace, and
communion with Christ, through a growing understanding of:
1. Our absolute forgiveness from all our sins, past, present, and future,
2. Our identity in Christ, dead to sin and alive to God,
as a new creation, through our death, burial, and resurrection with Christ, and
3. Christ in us, the hope of glory, making us one with Him, Who is our life.
Abbreviated Doctrinal Statement
1) We believe the Sovereignty of God is the foundation of all good theology. By "the Sovereignty of God" we mean that God is active in His creation, accomplishing His will and advancing His own purposes according to His predetermined will and good pleasure.
2) We believe in the Trinity of God. By that we mean that God represents Himself in Scripture as three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit - though they are one in purpose, one in character, and equally God.
3) We believe that Jesus, God the Son, was born to a virgin, lived a sinless life, died to pay for sins, and rose again from the dead.
4) We believe in salvation by grace alone, through faith in Jesus Christ alone, not of works, lest any man should boast.
5) We believe in these Doctrines of Grace:
a. Total Depravity -- Men are fallen creatures, depraved in mind and heart, incapable of doing anything in their unregenerate state to save themselves or assist in their salvation in any way. They are dead in their sins and trespasses.
b. Unconditional Election -- God has, for His own purposes, unconditionally chosen some for salvation, before the foundation of the earth, as an act of grace, mercy and love.
c. Particular Redemption -- Although the death of Christ paid a price sufficient for the reconciliation of the whole world, and "whosoever will" may freely come to Him, He died for the express purpose of purchasing salvation for His elect ones. He who knew no sin became sin for us, that we might be made the righteousness of God.
d. Irresistable Grace -- God regenerates His Elect, and indwells them, thereby making them a "new creation", irresistably drawn to their Beloved.
e. Perseverance of the Saints -- Having been chosen from before the foundation of the world, bought with the price of Christ’s blood, regenerated and indwelt by the Spirit of God, those elect saints will most certainly persevere in the faith until their glorification.
6) We believe that the Scriptures, the Old and New Testaments, are the final authority in all issues of the Christian faith and practice. We believe that the Scriptures are inspired by God and inerrant in the original. We also are in general agreement with the London Baptist Confession of 1646.