Follow Grace_For_Life on Twitter

Monday, June 12, 2006

Is God Pleased With You?


Five times in the Bible the words are recorded which the Father said regarding Jesus, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (Matt. 3:17; 17:5; Mark 1:11; Luke 3:22; 2 Pet. 1:17)

But do you realize that your Father now has that same view of you?

"For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. " (2 Cor. 5:21) Not only have we been given the righteousness of God, we ourselves have become sons and daughters of God. Amazing!

And so now, as stunning as it may sound, we are brethren of Jesus Christ! "...for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren..." (Hebrews 2:11b)

Don't squirm uncomfortably because you don't feel worthy. He has done it all. He has made you His child. He has made you a new creation, born of Him, not of corruptible seed, but incorruptible. And He has given you a new spirit, and made you one spirit with Him. And He delights in you, the apple of His eye.

And so now, you...

are also the Father's beloved son (or daughter), in whom He is well pleased.

Enjoy.

Listen to "Grace For Life" Radio Program.

2 comments:

Bhedr said...

I can remember once blowing up at my kids and losing my patience. Later I felt terrible. I picked up my bible to see if I should find some passage on anger to convict me, but when I opened it the first words I saw were: You are my beloved son, I take delight in you.

That thought just crushed me. I later went to apologize. Did you know the Psalmist says fret and worry lead to anger?

When I think about the Love of God, it always makes me stop and think before I consider attempting a sin. That has more power from keeping me from sin that anything.

Terry Rayburn said...

Brian,

Wonderful points. Thanks, brother.

Terry