Follow Grace_For_Life on Twitter

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Larry Norman - Gone To Be With The Lord Today


April 8, 1947 – February 24, 2008

When I became a Christian in 1976, Contemporary Christian Music was young. There were only a few "pioneers" in those years. Love Song, 2nd Chapter of Acts, Nancy Honeytree, Randy Stonehill, Phil Keaggy, Terry and John Michael Talbot, Keith Green, and my friend Steve Camp. That was my music.

One of the pioneers of the pioneers was Larry Norman.

I loved this guy.

Maybe best known for his "Why Should The Devil Have All the Good Music?", he was strange, funny, and evangelistic, with long straight blonde hair. He sang of being raptured ("I Wish We'd All Been Ready"), and pleaded, "Why don't you look into Jesus, He's got the answer?"

I watched a few YouTube videos of Larry just a few months ago. Thank God for YouTube. Take a look at some. Primitive, but always pointing people to the One Whom He has now gone to be with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved Larry Norman as a boy and teenager. We owe him a great deal of gratitude for his willingness to share his gift without despit great mis understanding.