Follow Grace_For_Life on Twitter

Friday, February 04, 2005

50/20 Vision

Jacob Sees Joseph Again

Just a reminder of what Joseph said to his brothers, after their awful treatment of him, selling him into slavery, and telling his father Jacob that he was dead. Years later, as the virtual ruler of Egypt, and after saving his family (the budding Israel) from starvation, he said, "...you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good..." (Genesis 50:20)

Have you come to see that yet, in your own life?

It's just another glittering facet of the Brilliant Diamond that also says, "God causes all things to work together for good, to those who love Him, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

But you might think the Romans passage implies that evil just "happens", and God cleans up the mess. No, grasshopper. He meant it for good. The evil is part of His plan, even as He hates the evil itself. His thoughts are greater than our thoughts, and His ways are higher than our ways, and he has decreed the end from the beginning.

Praise Him even when evil comes. Count it all joy. He knows what He is doing.

Listen to "Grace For Life" Radio Program.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate this blog very much.

Again I am learning that all things that happened in our life are meant for the good of us.

God allows certain "bad" things to happen, at the time, it might be very painful.

My first job in Canada was stressful and unpleasant, I felt I was treated unfairly, that my supervisor was not deserve my respect at all. After I left my first job, I had been depressed. I had thought about what should have happened and what should not happened. I came to the point that I could not take it anymore.

Praise God that he is a merciful God, he had showed his great compassion to me. Now I am getting into active looking for work again.

Hell is a state of mind, Heaven is a reality. God has always been here, so our present connected to him, our life is heaven.

God is great.

Amanda Huang