Follow Grace_For_Life on Twitter

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

God And Elections

BUSH 51% - KERRY 48%



O.K., full disclosure: my guy won. ;-)

Even fuller disclosure: I happen to be a political Conservative, both "Economic" (I favor free enterprise, low taxes, smaller government, etc.), and "Social" (I favor biblical morality, favor creation science, oppose abortion-on-demand, oppose gay marriage, etc.).

But that's not my point, here. My point is simply this. Whether my guy, or the other guy won, the fact would remain that the Lord raises up and brings down all of the following: nations, governments, kings, presidents, garbage collectors, you and your job or business, and the dust raised by a car driving down a dirt road --- down to the last atom of dust settling when and where He wants it to settle.

Obviously it's a little easier for me to rejoice in the sovereignty of God when He chooses to bring my desires to pass. But He does all things well. He is always right. He operates from a character that is good, and a vantage point that sees the end from the beginning. And He works all things together for good to those who love Him, and are the called according to His purpose.

I'm still smiling that my guy won. It doesn't always happen that way.

But I am intent on praising the Lord for His sovereignty in all circumstances.

Join me?

No comments: