Follow Grace_For_Life on Twitter

Friday, September 23, 2005

Casting Crowns: The Trinity Rewards Conspiracy


I have a theory. The theory is that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit have gotten together and cooked up a little conspiracy.

They have given us gifts and abilities. We are "fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14), but of course we can't take credit for that. After all, "What do you have that you did not receive?" (1 Corinthians 4:7).

Then the Lord works in us "both to will and to do for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13), so we will do good works. Then the Lord promises rewards (also know as "crowns") to us for those good works.

You with me so far? We do good works and we get rewarded for it, but it is God who gives us the desire, the ability, and whatever else is needed to get it done.

I tell you, it's a conspiracy to bless and reward us! He even made it "more blessed to give than receive" (Acts 20:35).

And so we know why, when we meet this blessed Lord face to face, we "cast our crowns" at His feet (Revelation 4:10).

Worthy is the Lamb who was slain --- not to mention the Father and the Holy Spirit. :)

Listen to "Grace For Life" Radio Program.

3 comments:

Bhedr said...

Amen! And he also gave us Joy to do it as well. Ah a good post. We would have nothing were it not given to us brother. Good post!

Terry Rayburn said...

Thanks, Brian.

I appreciate you brother.

Terry

Bhedr said...

Hey buddy,

Guess what! I am getting out of the blogoshere. God's been convicting me and calling me away from the computer as well. For me it is a snare that draws attention from my family. I have tried to rationalize the two, but I cannot. It is not like this for everyone but it is for me. God sent John to preach repentance to turn the hearts of the Fathers to the children. I got off the road because of this call and am finding that bloggin for me is kinda like trucking. A noble pursuit but never the less an unhealthy one. I wish I could balance the two, but I cannot. I just got done praying and am at peace about this. Take care bud. To focus on the faith is to focus on the family. He seeks godly offspring and I don't want to end up like Eli. I may email you from time to time.

Brian